We are recruiting for two roles, Men's Handball National Team Head Coach, and a Women's Handball National Team Head Coach.
Reports To: SHA Chief Operating Officer
Job Based: Oriam, Edinburgh however mobile as will be required to travel to camps and competitions with the Senior Squads.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- To search for, select, develop, and maximise the potential of Scottish Senior players and to increase the number of players reaching the senior stages of the GB pathway.
- To design and implement high quality training and competition programmes with the ultimate aim of peak performances at agreed events.
- To design and implement high quality periodised training and competition programmes for selected players.
- To prioritise resources towards achieving competition results and other agreed performance targets. To set high performance standards to ensure adherence to Scottish Handball expectations.
- To act as lead coach for the Senior team at all competitions and to be involved in management and selection functions.
- To assist in the selection and development of Scottish senior players in the GB pathway.
- To assist in the development of fair, transparent and effectively communicated athlete selection policies and appeals procedures.
- To report regularly to the SHA COO and to assist in the preparation and submission of reports, plans and budgets as required.
- To develop strong and effective working relationships with key external stakeholders (British Handball, Sport Councils, Institutes of Sport,) where appropriate.
Employment Details and Benefits
Job Title: Senior Head Coach, Scottish Handball National Programme
Starting Salary: This is a voluntary position (Limited Expenses will be paid)
Place of Work: The post is based on delivery at camps at Oriam, Edinburgh and competitions with an expectation of regular communication with home and foreign based Scottish players in their club setting where relevant.
Tenure: This job will be offered on a fixed term basis, subject to annual reviews, until the summer of 2024
Period of Notice: 1 months
Hours of Work: Your normal hours of work are those hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of your position to the satisfaction of the Scottish Handball Association and for delivery at camps and competitions
Applications: If you are interested to apply for this post please state if you wish to apply for Men’s Head Coach or Women’s Head Coach and send a covering letter outlining your experience and skills for the job along with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1st April 2022