The Scottish Handball Association are hiring Development Officer(s) to join their team (Full Time)
Job Description – Development Officer(s)
The Development Officer (DO) will work together with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Board of Directors to increase the number of Women and Girls playing Handball, and help develop sustainable club structures and new opportunities, for Women and Girls to play Handball in Scotland. The role will also support the development of Handball in schools through the delivery of our Local Authority strategy in partnership with Active Schools and local Colleges.
The DO will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Scottish Handball Association (SHA). They will work as a team with the current Development Officer, the Operations Manager, the Board of Directors, and key volunteers contributing to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies, and practices.
• Lead on the delivery of the Scottish Handball school’s programme
• Lead on the delivery of the Women and Girls national strategy
• The delivery of a national Primary Schools Final
• Delivery of Secondary School National competitions
• Delivery of local authority/regional School competition
• Work with Active Schools to increase primary school participation in Handball particularly girls
• Work closely with existing Community and University/College Clubs to develop Women and Girls participation and school links
• Support for the development of Women and Girls within the existing club structure
• Create come and try events for Women and Girls in major population centres
• Develop Maintain the relationships with Secondary Schools
Education and Training
• Support the education and development opportunities for Sports Leaders and College students to deliver in the school sector
• Help build a national workforce for the delivery of Handball
• Responsible for collating and reporting on the number of schools and schoolchildren playing Handball
• Collate and report on the conversion rate of children playing in school to clubs
• Responsible for collating and reporting on the number of Women and Girls playing Handball
They will also create and maintain organisational and programme budgets in collaboration with the COO. They will work with sportscotland staff, external providers, competition, and event’s organisers to build knowledge and create opportunities for the SHA to build the capability of volunteers and the reach of the sport.
The above job description will be subject to annual review and reflects the needs of the Scottish Handball Strategy and business plan and the sportscotland Corporate Plan.
37.5 hours per week. The nature of the post means that hours will not regularly fall within a conventional working day. Frequent evening and weekend work will be necessary to fulfil the purpose of the role.
Remuneration & Term:
£24000 - £30000 (annually depending on experience) – Full Time post
Reasonable travel, accommodation and administrative expenses incurred in carrying out this position are reimbursed in line with the Scottish Handball’s expense policy.
Qualification / Experience
Significant operational or development experience in a small business environment, Governing Body, Local Authority or University/College Sports/Student Union
Experience of project delivery from design/build to completion
Significant knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office365 applications.
Driving licence and access to vehicle
• A practical approach to work, planning and problem solving
• Team player and able to use own initiative when necessary.
• Able to set and work to clear objectives and challenging deadlines
• Ability to build virtual teams with partners
• Self-motivated, demonstrates a “can-do”, positive attitude and values learning and personal development
• Understands and promotes the value of Equality and Diversity
• Responsible, holds high ethical and professional standards
The Scottish Handball Association endorses the principle of Sporting Equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in Handball, whether as participants, team members, volunteers, coaches, office-bearers in clubs or those within the Scottish Handball Association:
has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, sex, gender identity, disability, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, socioeconomic status or sexual orientation; and
can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their sport without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment or abuse.
If you have any queries relating to this, please contact:
Scottish Handball Association
1 Redheughs Rigg
Stephen Neilson, Chief Operating Officer
To apply please send Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 29th of July